The World Is Not Enough
For “The World Is Not Enough”, the producers commissioned Garbage. It was rather unusual since they commissioned them only to perform the song, not to write it. Basically, the producers wanted the soloist of the band, Shirley Manson (another Shirley!). And she was thrilled about it!
The song placed well on every European chart. It entered the top 10 in Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Finland. In Great Britain it reached 11th place.
Probably the best music video of a James Bond song:
Even Straw sent in a song proposal. But they were no match for Garbage 1)”The Music of James Bond” by Jon Burlingame, book published by Oxford University Press in 2012, even though they did raise the bets with “Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”.
- Introduction + James Bond theme
- 1962: Kingston Calypso (Dr. No)
- 1963: James Bond Is Back / From Russia with Love / James Bond Theme
- 1964: Goldfinger
- 1965: Thunderball
- 1967: You Only Live Twice
- 1969: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- 1971: Diamonds Are Forever
- 1973: Live and Let Die
- 1974: The Man with the Golden Gun
- 1977: Nobody Does It Better (The Spy Who Loved Me)
- 1979: Moonraker
- 1981: For Your Eyes Only
- 1983: All Time High (Octopussy)
- 1985: A View to a Kill
- 1987: The Living Daylights
- 1989: Licence to Kill
- 1995: GoldenEye
- 1997: Tomorrow Never Dies
- 1999: The World Is Not Enough
- 2002: Die Another Day
- 2006: You Know My Name (Casino Royale)
- 2008: Another Way to Die (Quantum of Solace)
- 2012: Skyfall
- 2015: Writing's on the Wall (Spectre)
A surprising series of re-orchestrations that were originally classic songs, in heavy metal style
Did you like it? Now it’s your turn. You’ll make us very happy if you share this article with your friends:
And don’t forget to let us know what you think – we are really interested in your thoughts on this!