Licence to Kill
At first, they attempted to collaborate with Vic Flick (the guitarist who was first to perform the James Bond theme) and with the famous Eric Clapton, hoping that in this way they would create a memorable musical moment.
Things didn’t go well, and Gladys Knight was eventually chosen to perform for the title sequence. And it wasn’t a bad choice, the song moved up to the 6th place on the British chart.
The music video is made in the specific style of the James Bond title sequences.
- Introduction + James Bond theme
- 1962: Kingston Calypso (Dr. No)
- 1963: James Bond Is Back / From Russia with Love / James Bond Theme
- 1964: Goldfinger
- 1965: Thunderball
- 1967: You Only Live Twice
- 1969: On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- 1971: Diamonds Are Forever
- 1973: Live and Let Die
- 1974: The Man with the Golden Gun
- 1977: Nobody Does It Better (The Spy Who Loved Me)
- 1979: Moonraker
- 1981: For Your Eyes Only
- 1983: All Time High (Octopussy)
- 1985: A View to a Kill
- 1987: The Living Daylights
- 1989: Licence to Kill
- 1995: GoldenEye
- 1997: Tomorrow Never Dies
- 1999: The World Is Not Enough
- 2002: Die Another Day
- 2006: You Know My Name (Casino Royale)
- 2008: Another Way to Die (Quantum of Solace)
- 2012: Skyfall
- 2015: Writing's on the Wall (Spectre)
A surprising series of re-orchestrations that were originally classic songs, in heavy metal style
Did you like it? Now it’s your turn. You’ll make us very happy if you share this article with your friends:
And don’t forget to let us know what you think – we are really interested in your thoughts on this!